This is SUCH a simple piece of art, but it looks fabulous.
HERE is my original inspiration from Pinterest.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Painters tape (I’ve heard that the green frog tape works best) I already had some of this on hand, so it was free) The stuff I used was 1/2″ wide.
- Two/three (including white) paint colors (I used what I already have, but a cheap option are the sample paint pots you can get at Home Depot for less than $3)
- Canvas (I bought mine at Michaels with a 40% off coupon) COST: 15.00
TOTAL COST: $15
WHAT TO DO:
1. Paint your entire canvas with the white paint.
2. Tape off your canvas. Use your finger and/or the edge of a credit card to make sure that every edge of the tape is secured to the canvas.
3. Paint white paint (again) on every edge where the tape meets the canvas. (What this does is create a seal between the edge of the tape and the canvas.)
4. Paint your colors on in the places the canvas shows. Try to use dabbing motions around the tape edges instead of sweeping motions. Don’t put too much paint on your paintbrush when painting the tape edges either.
5. As soon as you’re done painting the colors, remove the tape.
6. Let art dry & then hang.
And a close up of some of my edges.
Linking up with Home Stories A to Z’s Tutorials & Tips Link Party. Check it out!