This is a really simple, but personalized gift to give someone. Not to mention incredibly inexpensive.
Here’s what you need:
- Mugs (You can get these at Goodwill, Walmart, or Target for inexpensive) $1 per mug
- Porcelain Pen (purchased at a craft store like JoAnns or Michaels) $7
- Pencil – FREE
- Monogram printed (to size) on computer paper – FREE
- Ballpoint pen – FREE
- Scotch tape – FREE
- Scissors – FREE
Here’s what to do:
1. Take a piece of computer paper and color all over it with pencil. This is a way to create your own transfer paper– I didn’t want to purchase any, so I made my own.
2. Cut out the monogram.
3. Cut out an appropriate sized piece of “transfer paper” the size of your monogram.
4. Put the two pieces of paper together– transfer paper pencil side on the side of mug, monogrammed side facing up. Tape in place on the mug.
5. Use a ballpoint pen to trace around the outline of the monogram.
6 Remove the tape/paper and be careful not to smudge the pencil outline.
7. Use the porcelain pen to trace the outline (and fill in the letter).
8. Allow the paint to dry for a full 24 hours.
9. Bake the paint on for 30 minutes at 300°F
You can also draw other things on the side of the mugs. Just print out an outline and draw it on.
And here’s what it looked like colored in.
What crafts have you been working on lately?